Bill Pell for Southampton Town Board
Southampton Town Trustee 2009 – Present
Geese to Go – Owner 2013 – Present
Service of geese removal off residential East End properties
Property Manager to residences on East End 2000 – Present
Southampton Oyster Company – Owner 2001 – 2012
Oyster Farmer – Aquaculturist
Cold Spring Pond, Peconic Bay
Owner of Commercial Dragger – Katy Meg 1986 – 2005
Pell’s Dock and Marina – Owner 1980 – 2000
Dune Road, Hampton Bays, NY
Southampton Fire Department
Member 2000 – Present
Heart of the Hamptons – Local food pantry, support services for local community members
Board President 2017- 2020
Board President 2014 – 2015
Southampton Fire Department for over 20 years
Bullhead Yacht Club, Southampton, NY
Swordfish Beach Club, Westhampton Beach, NY
Bill has served the Town of Southampton as a Trustee and has now accepted the nomination to serve as a councilman on the Southampton Town Board.
The Trustees’ responsibilities in doing so includes:
- Preserving public access to the water;
- Upholding the traditions of a maritime community;
- Advising the Town Board on coastal related issues;
- Informing the public of the Facts of Coastal Issues and Policy;
- Representing the best interest of the residents of the Town of Southampton;
- Maintaining and protecting surface water quality;
- Regulating dock and bulkhead construction;
- Promoting sustainable harvest of commercial shellfish and finfish;
- Providing a safe marine environment;
- Inspecting all structures built on bay bottom.
Bill is the third generation in his family to be involved in the seafood business from fish to oysters to clams. He enjoys being on the water in his boat, fishing and clamming. Bill is married with two daughters and one son-in-law.
Bill will preserve the values of the Town of Southampton. He has lived them his entire life, as a trustee and, with your help, a member of the Southampton Town Board.
It isn’t every day that a person with demonstrated community spirit and proven ability decides to stand for election.